Sunday, August 23, 2015

Puerto Vallarta

Here comes another vacation post...

trust me, this is not the norm for us.
But, we were beyond blessed to go on another vaca before summer was officially over!

A couple months back, a few friends of ours were telling us how they had such an amazing time on their trip to Dominican Republic. It was just the two of them, and, by their description, it seemed heavenly.

Our last vacation (Disney World) was a blast. But, let's be honest for one minute. Trekking 3 kids across country, pushing through crowds of people, and melting in the Florida heat wasn't the most relaxing vacation. Of course, the joy on our kids faces was worth the trek. But, we came back needing a vacation from our vacation. 

Our friends decided they had so much fun in the Dominican that they wanted to share the experience with their friends. They looked into some deals, and decided the perfect place for a kids-free, friends vacation was Puerto Vallarta. When they asked Lance and I to join them...we could not resist. 

Lance and I decided to leave a day early to have some one-on-one quality time together...and I am so glad we did! Let me tell you, leaving the kids behind almost put me in a full blown anxiety attack. I have never left the baby over night anywhere! So, I was so concerned about leaving her. Plus, right before we left, her top tooth started cutting. I knew she would be miserable all weekend and wanting her momma. But...as soon as my toes hit those sandy beaches and I had a margarita in my hand, all anxiety was gone. (Plus...lots and lots of prayer! God knew I NEEDED this time and He gave me the peace I needed) 

For the record, this was the BEST vacation I have ever been on! Although it was hot...I mean hot, hot, hot...like sweat dripping off your body hot, we had a blast! We spent hours in the pool and ocean, went paddle boarding, got a couple massage (BEST massage of my life!), explored the city, went on a 6 hour adventure through the mountain complete with zip lines,repelling, ATVs, rope climb, hike, and water slide, ate some of the most AMAZING Mexican food I have ever had, but, most importantly, spent some much needed quality time with my best friend. 

This vacation was exactly what Lance and I needed to recharge. I never realized how important it was to put aside time for just the two of us (without the kids). There was no stress about waking up at a certain time, or eating at a certain time, or someone saying they had to go potty, or asking us questions every 5 seconds. And, the best part...I could take a shower when I wanted to for as long as I wanted to! Wow! The things you look forward to once you become a parent. haha! 

Needless to say, I missed those kids like CRAZY! Every kid Lance and I saw on our trip would remind us of those little boogers.We kept saying to each other...the kids would like this, next time we're bringing the kids, or this reminds me of the kids. And, coming home to them was sweet, sweet, sweet!

My one regret of the entire trip...I did not take enough pictures! We kept our phones in our room for most of the trip along with my camera. We were having so much fun that we forgot to take pictures! But, I do have a few fun ones to share.

ENJOY!






























No comments:

Post a Comment